Saturday, March 7, 2009

Steph, the younger the scars are, the better the results will be, but if you are still dealing with loads of acne, then you will only get new scars after your treatments and in the end won't be happy anyways and will have spent a lot of money in the process. I recommend that you find a glycolic acid toner and go for glycolic acid peels with a dermatologist. I had a drastic decrease in my cystic acne when starting on a glycolic program. MD. Forte has a great glyolic line and is available online or in the states but is hard to find in Canada. I have recently found a product by NeoStrata, it is called Skin Renewal Peel Solution. It is a 10% glycolic and a 10% gluconolactone. http://well.ca/products/neostrata-skin-renewal-peel_6249.html I am in Canada, so I am not sure if it is available in the states, if that is where you are. Anyways, I have been using it for 2 1/2 weeks on a daily basis (My skin is very tough and is only just starting to become red or sensitive to it, I will use it every other day now for awhile instead. I have a friend in Australia who is also using this and LOVES it, but can only use it a couple of times a week, her skin is just more senstive to begin with) The instructions say you can use it 3-7 times a week. The Peel Solution is amazing, my skin was so rough and dull and the brown scar spots were plentiful. In just a week I noticed a huge difference, my makeup coverage is so much nicer and I am really pleased with it. I am half way through the bottle and have used it atleast 15 times... I am not sure about being on antibiotics and getting Pixel done, but you can't be tanned, and there are a few other restrictions.

Here's pictures of me today, I am wearing makeup but I still think you can see that there is an improvement of overall clarity if you want to call it that, and scaring. It is has been about a year now since my first Pixel, and I have had 4 treatments, I still have 2 more to do but I am loving the NeoStrata so much right now that I am going to continue with that before going for my next Pixel, maybe in May....




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for posting your progress! Your face looks amazing now, and you look very happy. :) I'm getting pixel done this week and wanted to learn more about it, and you've certainly helped me.

hmj said...

Your skin looks great! The pictures of scar improvement is what led me to read through all of your updates and look into it in my city. Thanks so much for providing such thorough information about your experience--sensations during and post, pain during and pot, details about exactly what kind and levels of laser, number of stacks and passes, etc.
It gave a great foundation for what to expect, and gave me solid questions to ask the nurse.
I had my first pixel done today--2 passes, 2 stacks, 800 level. I'm not sure if it was 7x7 or 9x9.
My tolerance for pain is VERY low, so it hurt quite a lot at first. In fact, I didn't know if I would be able to get through it at first, so she treated the most scarred areas first, in case I needed her to stop because of pain. But about halfway through the procedure, it wasn't really a big deal.
I'll go higher than 800 next time or will increase it to 3 passes.
I bought a package of 3, but if I don't see results like yours after 3, then I'll buy another package of 3.
It's now two hours post-procedure, and my face feels warmer, but less swollen, and generally better than it did a few minutes ago.
Thank you so much for your blog. I wouldn't have even looked into the pixel without it.
Take care!

hmj said...

By the way, I'm sorry if I submitted my one comment multiple times. This is the first time I've commented on a blog, so the process was new to me. I eventually saw the message at the top of the screen, saying my comment had been saved and submitted.
Sorry. :-)

By the way, my nurse also did not numb my face beforehand. She treated 8 regions on my face (each cheek, nose, chin, upper lip, forehead, and each extreme side beside my ears) and numbed each region after it was treated.
It is 2 hours post-procedure and my face is actually gradually feeling better. (I think the swelling felt worse than the heat does.) I've taken one anti-inflammatory and was told I can use ice packs as needed.
Thanks again.